Experimental Economics, Mechanism Design and Applied Econometrics
Ph.D, Economics, Xiamen University, Sept 2008-June 2012.
- Head of the Department of Mathematical economics & mathematical finance, since March 2018.
- Executive director of Center for Behavioral and experimental Research of Wuhan University, since 2018
- Professor of Economics (Luojia young scholar), Wuhan University, since January 2016
- Associate Professor of Economics, Wuhan University, September 2012 to January 2016
- Visiting Researcher, CESS, New York University. 2011 to 2012
Journal and Conference Papers (International)
Journal Papers (in Chinese)
- Jason Shachat, Matthew J. Walker and Lijia Wei*, The Impact of an Epidemic: Experimental Evidence on Preference Stability from Wuhan, AEA: Papers and Proceedings, forthcoming in 2021.
- Scalable Time-Sensitive Influence Maximization in Large Social Networks，with Yuanyuan Zhu, Kailin Ding and Ming Zhong, International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA),2020
- Evaluating car license auction mechanisms: Theory and experimental evidence, with Lijia Tan, China Economic Review, Volume 60, 2020
- Railroad development, temporal‐spatial externalities, and growth spillover: Theory and empirical evidence, with Yun Chen, Journal of Regional Science. 2018; 58: 980– 1002.
- Dynamic asset allocation and consumption under inflation inequality: The impacts of inflation experiences and expectations, with Shaoyu Li and Zhiwei Xu, Economic Modelling, Volume 61, February 2017, Pages 113–125
- Value-at-Risk Forecasting of Chinese Stock Index and Index Future Under Jumps, Permanent Component and Asymmetric Information, with Shaoyu Li and Zehua Huang, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Volume 52, Issue 5, 2016
- A hidden Markov model for the detection of pure and mixed strategy play in games, with Jason Shachat and J.T. Swarthout, Econometric Theory, 2015.
- Voluntary Contribution Mechanism Played over an Infinite Horizon, with Lijia Tan, Pacific Economic Review, Vol. 19(03), 313–331, August 2014.
- Procuring Commodities: First Price Sealed Bid or English Auction?, with Jason Shachat, Marketing Science, 31:317-333 (2012)
Journal Papers (in Chinese)
- The Stability Mechanism of the Carbon Market: A Study of Experimental Economics, with Yan Peng and Xiao Liu, China Industrial Economics, 2018(05).
- A Survey of Recent Developments in Railroad Economics, with Tongtong Zhang, Economic Review, 2018(06).
- A Markov Switching Dynamic Nelson-Siegel Model of Term Structure, with Yuanfei Cai, Quarterly Journal of Finance, 2018(03).
- From Economic Theory to Practice: a Survey on Market Design, World Economic Papers, 2013(03), 89-104.
- Institutional Investors, Sub-owned Shares Reform and Stock Returns Volatility: Empirical Evidence from China, Systems Engineering - Theory and Practice, 2013(02), 545-556.
- Optimal Mechanism Design of One-sided Matching with Weak Preference Orders, Systems Engineering- Theory and Practice, 2011(09), 1687–1695.
- A Mechanism Design of China’s College and Graduate School Admissions Problem. China Economic Quarterly, 2009 9(1), 349–362.
Honors, Awards, & Grants
- Key project of the "New Generation Information Technology Innovation Project", The Science and Technology Development Center of the Ministry of Education, 2020, CNY 200,000.
- Senior Foreign Experts Visiting Project, Ministry of Science and Technology, 2019, CNY 180,000.
- Start-up Funding of Center for Behavioral and experimental Research of Wuhan University, Wuhan University, 2018, CNY 1,000,000.
- Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, Ministry of Education of China and Wuhan University, 2015, CNY 20,000.
- Young Scholar Grant (Grant No. 71403192), National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2015.01-2017.12, CNY 200,000.
- Young Scholar Grant of Humanities and Social Sciences (Grant No. 14YJC790130), Ministry of Education of China, 2015.01-2017.12, CNY 80,000.
- Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant No. 201122G011), Ministry of Education of China and Xiamen University, 2011, CNY 80,000.
- Board director of China Economist Society
- Expert of Guangdong Provincial Advisory Committee for Public Resource Trading
- Co-organizer Inaugural and Second Wuhan Cherry Blossom Workshop in Experimental Economics, Wuhan University (2018, 2019)